Monday, April 30, 2007

Burden


I sit down, my desk reminds me of the empty space inside of my backpack. The space, which was supposed to be occupied by a schoolbook, was patiently lying on a wooden desk at a house. I panic, ive been negligent due to the previous week of STAR testing. For those who dont know, STAR testing was basically "do test and go home early" week.

Regardless to say, the only thing you needed was a pencil.

So, due to my laziness, i forgot to put everything BACK into my backpack and therefore have forgotten what i needed most.

This certain teacher does the homework problems in alphabetical order, so i helplessly sat at my empty desk while the names dwindled down from my last name.

Finally my name was called. I respond that i dont have my book.

All hell breaks loose from the teachers mouth, as words ramble on out of its mouth, spewing sentences as if to corrode my ego. It melts the rest of whatever dignity i had left by deducting an absurd amount of points just for not bringing a book.

Class nears the end, i patiently stand up tall, grab my backpack and walk out the door with a straight face while the inside of me rages.

It seems like my backpack was heavier from when i first came in class.

And so it shall be.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home