Monday, February 25, 2008

Eulogy

A friend. A playmate. A family member.

He was all of them. He was there when I needed a break from the hectic human world. Together we would run freely around the neighborhood. While i would enjoy the sights, he would boldly mark his territory.

As a playmate he would not understand the rules of the game. Instead he would create them. He would modify the conventional game of "Fetch" into a game of "I dare Clyde to take this ball out of my mouth!" We would then struggle for the ball, snarling and staring each other down.

A family member. There is no doubt he was. He was a part of our dinners. He was a part of the holidays. He was the most committed, i daresay, because he was there on EVERY holiday.

He was also a part of the everlasting love of our family. I am fortunate to have such a caring family that depends and supports one another. He was no exception, giving us the unconditional love that we as humans struggle to give.

I regret to say that this friend, this playmate, this family member has passed away. On the night of his death, I heard him howl his last words. I simply ignored them, but the sound of his Death Cry will stay with me.

It will not haunt me, because I am sure he was giving his last goodbye.

I will miss you Baekom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home