Monday, December 13, 2004

The Unknown

Man has always pondered about death and the afterlife. But some people don’t even believe in a god or afterlife. I myself am a Catholic and I see religion as a method to explain many things.

We see God as all knowing. When the supernatural occurs we take it as a sign of God, and maybe it is. I think there is an outside force that we pray to. It may not be an actual god to say, but I think there is something controlling humanity and our own lives. My father is an atheist so at our own Home Town Buffet, i got a lecture. I expected it to be another long ass lecture that I would just love to end, but this was very different. There I was eating and my dad tells me about what he thinks about God. He has his own philosophy on life and I respect that. He tells me that there is no God and that when we die, we die. I think about that and suddenly have a headache. I’m thinking to myself how can there be no afterlife? I didn’t get it and dismissed the thought. I told him that that cannot be possible. Dad stuck to his philosophy and said that God didn’t create humans, humans created God.

Without that discussion, i don’t think i could be the person i am today. He helped me realize that whatever i hear, i can challenge and just because so many people believe in it, i don’t have to. I respect him for that, and thank him for opening up a new world where questions are always the answers.

There is an outside force, even my dad agrees with me. The question to that is ,' What is the outside force that we so love, worship, and fear?' The answers lie with the dead. And the dead will be among me within time. I now know only question for myself. Will i be able to see the sunset before i ascend into eternal bliss? Or will i see the sun while falling to the infernos of hell?

Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name..................and so it shall be

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously to mee .death is sleeping without dreaming or ever waking up.i probably say that becuz im terribly terrified of death.but helps to think of it taht way.cuz really i dotn think there's an afterlife. and so here is where i leave you to ponder yur thoughts.or in yur case....so it shall be.

11:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home