Sunday, March 09, 2008

Why We Don't Go to Ravenholm

2012. I work in an institute named East Black Mesa. We are a research institution, but dont expect to see our findings anywhere. We have to be discreet in order to protect our research and ourselves.

A newcomer came today. We were assigned to crate transport. Boring work. As we stroll around, he points and asks me, "Why is the passageway to Ravenholm blocked off?"

I pause. I guess he saw my sudden halt because he then asked, "Should I not ask?"

I cry. My mind goes back to the painful night. The night when Ravenholm died.

------


I sigh. Once again the sun sets on our town of Ravenholm. It feels like a curse, as our town is a refuge from those hiding from the Combine.

Those bastards. They essentially take the strongest citizens from each city and turn them into alien hybrid soldiers.

Our city motto is simple, "Born with Freedom. Fight for Freedom." This city has managed to stay off the radar of the Combine, but we have no idea when a raid could come.

I am standing on the patio of my house, just admiring the golden sky when the siren goes off.

Oh no.

Combine dropships fly across the sky. The once organic monsters now carry a belly full of Combine soldiers.

I guess tourist season just started.

I turn back into the house where my revolver is.



I hate tourists.



- End

----


I always wanted to do a fan fiction. I just played around with the Ravenholm chapter of Half-Life 2. I might continue with this story if i feel like it. Honestly I really dont have a plan for it to go anywhere.

And so it shall be....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home