Saturday, March 11, 2006

Midnight In A Perfect World

When my teachers scolded me for not getting glasses or contacts, I would roll my eyes until the class was over. With my unaided eyes, I saw world events like 9/11 happen. I watched the pixels on my TV transform into a simulation of the tsunamis. I squinted at the pictures of dead bodies in Iraq.

I saw the world as imperfect, with my imperfect eyes. Everything that was in the world was considered flawed in some way or another.

Then on Wednesday, i got my lenses. I then put them on in Costco and started seeing changes. I shrugged them off as minor. I didn’t bother to look at the world outside my window. Instead, i just watched South Park in the car on my Ipod.

On Thursday, i put them on again. I went outside, and noticed the grass got taller. I noticed i could see individual bricks on houses and i could see what the signs said.

However, i still considered this as a state of mind.

I come back from school, and keep them on throughout the day.

Its late, really late, after i did all my homework and practicing. I then forgot to bring in the mail.

I go outside the front door when I’m suddenly hit with a scene of beauty. The stars are out, and the hills glow with a soft white light. The moon acts like a silver light bulb, and i am immersed with the stars in the sky. I stop at the mailbox and just look at everything.

I then realize it doesn’t matter if something is flawed in the world.

My world is perfect. This is my midnight is a perfect world.


And so it shall be..........

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a perfect world is where you see everything with its imperfections and its imperfections are what make everything so perfect.^_^

9:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home