Sunday, March 05, 2006

Its Been A Long Time

6 weeks. I havent been to church for 6 weeks. I broke my unholy habit today by going back into the House of God wearing my polo shirt and spiking my hair.

People have noticed my change. In 6 weeks, everyone saw my older reflection staring back at them as i walked down the aisle to my pew.

Jesse, my right hand man in the church remarks, " Jeez, you got buff" ( FYI, hes not gay)

"Nah, its just the shirt, it does that"

Father Jerry preaches his sermon, which was about the covenant of God. It feels good to make back in the flock of religious groups again. I dont care about all the scandals that happen. I dont care about all the fake tears of blood or anything. I dont care about the philosophies of the athiests.

I come to refuel my batteries of moral.

And after 6 weeks, i felt better walking down the aisle towards out Lord on the cross. I felt like if i wasnt here, it wouldnt matter to anyone. But when i got to bible class, everyone was complaining about how quiet it was there without me.

Execpt for our volunteer teacher, he was happy while i was away.

Class ends, church is over, and i walk towards the car to go home.

I take one last look at the cross that overlooks the street.

I think it would matter if i didnt come.

"It might feel like that we are just one drop in an entire ocean. But the ocean would be less without that missing drop"- Mother Teresa.

And so it shall be..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home