Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Fly That Didnt



When i came home, there was a little surprise for me. Disgusting, but there was a fly, just sitting on my bed. Considering that it didnt do anything, and it lost a leg, i was pretty damn sure it couldnt get away. I took a tissue and just dumped it in the trash can a few feet away from my bed. I didnt crush it though.

Shortly after i had to go somewhere. When i got back, the same fly was once again squatting on my bed. Puzzled, i once again got a tissure from the bathroom and put it back in the trash can. This time i observed what it did. It slowly rose on its 5 legs and started wobbling upwards. Halfway up the trash can it fell down and died.

All it wanted was freedom. It was only 3 feet away from the window.

I peered down on the dead fly laying on my discarded water bottle. 5 legs and it still went. One time in the trash can and it still didnt give up. It spent its entire last 2 hours for freedom, and then died in someones trashcan.

I hope i never have to do that. But i know it has happened. Someone tries to find happiness beyond the walls of the world and dies in a street. Edgar Allen Poe style.

As i write this down, even im thinking how crazy i must be to write about a fly and its last 2 hours on earth. But as a write this, i know there is a metaphor in all of this.

Thank God i figured it out.........

And so it shall be........


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

here is the comment that i said i was going to leave...IM MAKING FUN OF YOU...!!!

haah guess hoo...go ahead call me dumb..

8:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home