Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Moon


I always took it for granted. I didnt really appreciate. Why should i? All it does is hang there in the sky and is helpful only when there is total darkness around you. And even then sometimes the moon doesnt shine and your lost in the blackness.

Thats how i felt about God.

My body ached everywhere from all my activites. My academic finals were coming up. I slept about 6 hours each night.

I was in the hell of teenage years. So when i almost blew off at night when i couldnt get some damn math problem, i went in the backyard. When i walked just as far as the grass lawn, i tripped over something in the darkness.

I tumbled and yelled while pounding onto the dirt below me.

In anguish, i thought to myself , "Where the hell are you when i need you most?"

I roll on my backside, and see the moon. A reflecting silver ball that radiates grey sliver all around me. I can finally see the ground around me. I feel it still watching me. I turn back and go back in.


And so it shall be....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like this one...i love how u talk about the moon in such a glamerous way...

<3

9:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i take God for granted to. you just made me want to go read the bible.
kathy

10:33 PM

 
Blogger stanfaro said...

wow. because being a teenager is already as hard as it's gonna be.

10:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home