Monday, July 24, 2006

Gingy O' Higgins

Another day in Maranto. Only one more week and I'm done with summer school.

And I’m serious too, right after school ends, I’m packing up and leaving to New York in the morning.

But for now, I’m stuck in a poorly lit room, copying notes and praying I do well on my tests in order to raise my 89.6%.

Its boring as hell, well, it would be if it weren’t for a very, special person.

Some know him as Trevor, but he is more often called his nickname "Gingy" ( Jin-Gee )

Gingy is one of those people that you just cannot hate, unless your Brandon Katz.

Gingy is up there with Matt Pan, and Michael Kagan as being one of the best humorists in our school.

Gingy is best described as spastic. Not unlike me, he spontaneously yells out random blurts and wildly throws his head back.

I recall one time in Maranto when we were playing the match game. The rules are simple, very similar to Concentration. Pick two cards, and if they match, you get a point. During another team's turn, he turned to them. As one of the members pondered on what number to choose, he starts rubbing his face in a circular motion.

" Pick Twelve!!! Pick Twelve!!!" He moans while his eyes roll back and forth. "PICK TWELVE!!"

His face resembled a man being possessed by the Devil.........or Tom Cruise.



I snap back into my desk and start copying down notes about a man named "Hank O Higgins"

(Or some name like that, all i know was that it was 'O Higgins)

As Maranto talks about this leader, he states" Hank O Higgins was a great leader that led the British to victory in the Spanish War."

Gingy says to the class, " Oh my God, that would be so awesome if my last name was O Higgins. Dude that would be so sweet, GINGY O' HIGGINS!!!

The whole class bursts out in laughter.

"See, these are the days we will remember!!!! Not the family reunions! Or the gatherings!! ITS NOW! ITS THESE DAYS THAT WE WILL REMEMBER FOREVER!!"

Gingy and I have a inside joke. I call across to him "Yeah man, I’m gonna call you in 30 years and yell out ' IM ALIVE MUTHA FUCKA!!'

Gingy starts laughing uncontrollably, as do I

Ill give the story of the inside joke later.



and so i shall be called.......Gingy O' Higgins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home