Friday, August 18, 2006

Magnolia, New York



In New York City, away from the large urban buildings, there’s a little small town that appears to be sanctioned off to the side. In that little town, there's a famous bakery called Magnolias.


While we were in New York, my sister wanted to go to Magnolias, to try one of their cupcakes. Her friend told her about Magnolias, therefore, my brother and my sister went on a quest to find this elusive bakery.

On the way there, I saw a large group of kids. The thing that made this group of kids special was that there were all waiting for a bus, and the stop was right in front of a store called , " Condom-o-Mania".

I remember a few of the kids were peering through the windows of the store, and the older ones were laughing and joking to themselves.

A couple blocks later, we finally found Magnolias on the corner of a residential block. We waited as my sister ordered four cupcakes. She finally comes out with a plain paper box.

She opens one and hands one to me. It smells a little like fresh baked heaven. As i bite into it, the frosting just melts in my mouth and the sugary bread does the same. I swallow the sugary mound in ecstasy.

Without another thought, i cram the rest into my mouth, and slowly it.

As i stand, i feel the cupcake just slide down into my stomach, and just sits there. I immediately regret my decision, and i immediately want some milk.

The cupcake just sits like a rock in my stomach. The sugar is so overpowering it doesn’t even make me hyper. Instead, i spend the next three days feeling this lump in my stomach, pretty much like a kidney stone, minus the burning piss and the rocks coming out.

And so it shall be........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home