Saturday, June 25, 2005

Gymnopedie

Coming home from a hectic day of drums and sparring matches tires me out. My parents relentlessly drop things on my back to do. For me, summer is worse than school sometimes. The extended studio hours, the ever more appearing TKD tournaments, the korean drum classes, piano lessons, korean school damn.

After dinner and a cold shower, i throw my sparring bag in the corner, hang my doe-bok on the hooks, and wonder if i could ever get as many TKD medals as my brother has. I look down on the 3 korean books that i still need to learn from. The Taegukki flag stares back at me from across the room, where i am reminded of how my ancestors fought for it. I stare hard at my doe-bok, remembering all the fights i fought while wearing it. I lay down in my bed, turn on the stereo, and listen to Gymnopedie while i recollect my sparring matches. My very first match was with a orange. I remember that kid had a quick leg and one strong arm.

Then i jump to the red belts. I must say i lost the match by this hook kick. Took one to the head. Lost by a couple of points.

Various other matches pass by in my head, and then the stereo stops, the songs ends. Gymnopedie is one of my favorite songs. I turn off the lights, and go to sleep, waiting for another day of memories.

And so it shall be.....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then you wake up and decide do write this blog.

6:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home