Sunday, August 21, 2005

The Real Catalina Crew

I loved the Catalina trip. That trip was just plain kick-ass. Thats when i really was me and i approached everything with a humorous attitude. I remember when Roy was blinding everyone with the flash on his camera. So when my, Jed, and Roy were in our bunks, we turned off the lights and flashed the wall. It was pretty cool, everything had a metallic effect. So we flashed our hands and faces and watched in awe as our skin turned silver with the power of a lightbulb. So when Roy pointed the camera at me again, i flipped up both fingers and mouthed 'fuck you' to the lens. Roy flashed it and then we heard a whirring noise. We all started at each other. Oh shit. Roy looked at the film count. It was one down....................

So, i just climbed into my bunk and started laughing my ass off. I dont know why, but something about having a picture of me with both my hands up and my face in an aggresive manner made me smile. Of course Roy was pissed. And Jed tried to stay out of the red zone.

Roy finally got his revenge when me, Jed, Tori, Meagen, Jordi, Rachel, Shantara (is that how you spell it?) and Denise were waiting outside. Roy was still in the room, and we were all waiting outside the building. Finally we got pissed. The conversation went as follows.

Jed - What the hell is taking so long?
Me- I dont know
Tori- Clyde, hurry up and get him out.
Me- WHAT?! He's pretty pissed at me, i dont think i should.........
Tori- Come on, whats the worst thing that can happen???

Well, it was pretty bad. Turns out Roy was just waiting for me to show up in the door. When i stepped in, i deadpanned, " come on Roy, lets just go down to the........"

Here Roy chucks a shoe right at my balls and makes a direct hit. In my mind im screaming, " MAN DOWN! MAN DOWN!"

I lean my way out of the building where everyone was wondering why i doubled over.

The beach was still fun. All 8 of us made our own memorials.



And in case you were wondering what triggered this memory back into my mind, it was a picture of all of us, huddled on the grass.


Jed you damn hippie............................










Dedicated to one of the crew coming back from her homecountry. Some crazy things happened when you were gone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i know you hate people correcting grammatical and spelling errors, but it's actually zantara... so yeah, ill shut up about that now.

clyde, you really should be proud of yourself. seriously, because of you, everybody who's not part of that annoying wannabe or in-crowd at school has started blogging too. i think you were one of the first ones to actually do this.

7:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home