Sunday, March 19, 2006

Weekend of Havoc

My weekend was a never ending series of events that left me sore and hurt on Sunday morning.

On Friday, I went to the Calabasas carnival with Kathy, Eric, and Rachel. It was fun, even though we had to wait for a certain someone *cough**cough*.

Anyways, after screaming our lungs out on some of the rides, we went on the gravity wheel. This one was different from any other ive been on. There were no belts, so you could do whatever you want.

I found out that i could lay upside down without falling. Then i suddenly realized if the wheel stopped, i would slam on top of my head.


As i turned myself around, so did the wheel. My nose was crushed into the non-cushioned part of the seat and a little bit after, started bleeding.




Anyways, the carnival was fun. The aftermath of my almost broken nose was that i looked like i just ate someone (I’m not telling you if i actually did....) and that we went to Eric's and Kathy's house.



Saturday was just as crazy, maybe even more ( sorry guys who were with me at the carnival)

I went to the baseball with KOREA VS JAPAN!!!!!!


I don’t really like baseball, but i soon learned the great stuff about it. If you are seated beside someone who is rooting for the same team as you, you are instantly best friends for the nest 3-5 hours.

There were more Koreans at the stadium, so there was a lot more yelling in the air. We Koreans have many things we scream out to cheer on our team.

So after the 6th inning when we were losing 5-0, we were still screaming. It even rained, and even through the rain we yelled out team on. The game got called out on account of the rain, and we stayed.

This was the magical part. Most of the non-fanatic people left their upfront seats.

The stadium divided into two parts, the Koreans and the Japanese. Our side was significantly bigger.

Thousands of people all gathered to sing our patriotic song and 2 other chants that the world has recognized us for. My voice becomes hoarse, my arms tire form waving the Korean flag, and my ears hurt from the drums that people have brought to keep the rallying cry.

I look behind me, and see hope and patriotism. Even though we were losing 6-0, we were cheering our lungs out until we died.

We finally lost 6-0, and we were still singing. We stayed over 2 hours after the game over. We finally left the stadium.


As i left the stadium, i looked one final glance at the beloved stadium.

They were still singing.


And so it shall be......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home