Monday, April 24, 2006

No Point

So yeah, i went to the TKD tournament and got silver.

I wouldnt be pissed if i got silver fair and square.

But im pissed, and its because i DIDNT lose fair and square.


When we are fighting in tournaments, there are 2 or 4 referees at each corner of the square arena. In order to get one point, 3 out of 4 referees must press a button confirming that a fighter has got a point.


I get robbed, along with almost everyone else on my fighting team. Some of us even got headshots, which were worth two points.

We would slam the guy's head enough to move his helmet, and hold it there for a few seconds for the judges to see, but they never counted our headshots.

My teammates were furious when Nick, a little 7 year old boy, lost 0-2 to another kid.

We watched from up high, so we got a better angle on the fight. Nick scored 8 points in a row, just pounding the kid into a corner. We had no doubt that the judges saw that.

But they didnt give him the points. He was crying for 20 minutes, his body shaking tremendously as he recieved the silver.

Willie had it bad too. He's 15 and much better than i am. When he went against his opponent, he delivered a back kick that sent the guy flying 5 feet backwards.

I looked at the scoreboards, THEY DIDNT GIVE HIM A POINT!!!! At this point we were yelling in outrage and every parent of every kid started booing.

Willie only got a bronze.

First time i got in the ring, i went ballistic. I delieverd a fury and push kicks and punches. When he walked toward me, i kicked him back 3 feet. I look at the scoreboard, only 2 refs counted it. Even when i kicked him 8 fucking times around the ring, i didnt get any points.


The tournament ended, and we left pissed and depressed.

My dad gave me the tape that he recorded. I saw all of our matches one more time.

I counted myself and had some other watch too.

I lost 4-2 in the tournament, but actually won 8-2 in home.

Same happened with a bunch of others.

Oh well.


"If you cant get a point, knock 'em out!!!" - Our new team motto

And so it shall be..........

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw pobre muchacho

10:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats how my life is...when u do something good know one sees...when u mess up everyone sees...they only see the good things that the person you hate does...

5:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home