Tuesday, May 24, 2005

As I Lay Dying

When i was about 4 years old, i had 3 fish. One was black, the other were goldfish. I used to stare at them all day long. Then my sister put in another fish. But that fish was poisonous, and one by one, all of them floated to the surface. I remember being smaller than most of the clay pots in the backyard, yet i felt so much sympathy for the fish that i placed it in the tomato plant pot and burying it.

9 years later, we take out our old fish tank and put in 6 more fish. Again, something was wrong with the fish and 3 of them died. I placed them all in a cup, took the shovel, and made a grave. I bruied them once again and said a prayer. I know, so much damn remorse for a fish. But then i thought to myself, " What if we were as expendable as the fish? That we are just another fish in the pond that happens to die? That i was God to the fish and just buried them without much thought? What if God thought of us the way i thoguht of fish? Oh, its just fish, we can always get more...........

So when i went to the doctor today and was informed that my vision is just going to get worse, i didnt really feel much shock. I'm just another fish in the pond. Just another being that has been cursed. We are all fish. The only difference is what color.


And so it shall be

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really like this entry...u dont have any like this one anymore...

<3...

7:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home