Saturday, May 21, 2005

He's Back

Tae kwon do was unusual today. Willie came back from his basketball tournaments so he can come back to the studio. It was Friday, and Friday is always sparring day. Luckily for me, Edith and Ruben came back so i wasnt bored.

Willie wasnt really in to tune. From all the basketball, he lost some of his fighting skills. I went against the usuals, Richard, Ruben, and Edith. But when Willie went against Ruben, he just lost it. He couldnt step or spar the way he used to. He lost that speed that knocked me down a couple of times. So Ruben, sensing this, charged him and Willie went down in about 20 seconds. The round ended and he sat down. I could see he was mad at himself. I just watched the other guys fight, and then Willie and Ruben were called again.

This time Willie had it. He gracefully circled Ruben and delivered a perfect back kick to his chest. The round ended, and Willie won by 6 points.

Richard leaned over and said,' Damn, i thought he was going to lose since he was away for so long'

I smiled and replied ,' Nope, he's back'

.............And so it shall be

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home